Innovation Award – Terms and Conditions
By entering and/or agreeing to participate in the 2016 HSBC Golf Business Forum Innovation Award, all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
Fully completed entries must be submitted via the online entry form found on the Golf Business Forum website (www.golfbusinessforum.com/awards) by 5 PM (GMT) on Friday, October 21, 2016. No entries will be accepted after this time.
1. Please answer all questions in the entry form and only include information that is relevant to the specific criteria. All sections must be completed. Incomplete entries, or entries submitted in a different format will not be accepted.
2. All online entry submissions are final. Any material(s) to accompany an online entry must be emailed to the email address provided on the entry form within 24 hours of an online submission being made. Any material(s) added after this time will not be considered. Once an entry has been submitted it cannot be withdrawn.
3. Entry is free of charge. Entrants are entirely responsible for their own costs and expenses incurred in preparing and submitting entries.
4. Entries will be accepted from individuals (aged 18+) or organisations based anywhere in the world. In the case of entries from organisations or entries made on behalf of more than one person, the entry form must clearly state the name of the organisation and/or all of the individuals on behalf of which the entry is made, as well as identifying one individual who is responsible for the entry and who shall act as the point of contact.
5. The winner will be invited to travel to Ponte Vedre Beach, Florida to attend the HSBC Golf Business Forum from 28th November – 1st December 2016. The winner must hold a valid passport/visa enabling them to do so.
6. The promoter of this award is International Management Group (UK) Limited of Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, Chiswick, London, W4 5HR (“IMG”). IMG areis the owner of the events and the organisers of the HSBC Golf Business Forum.
7. The winner will be awarded the HSBC Golf Business Forum Innovation Award 2016.
8. The winner will receive one return Economy flight to Florida for the dates 28th November – 1st December 2016 and one delegate entry ticket to the HSBC Golf Business Forum. Accommodation will be provided for 3 nights (28th, 29th & 30th November 2016), to cover the dates of the Forum only. Breakfast and Lunch is provided in the delegate package, as well as entry to the Gala Dinner. Flights/accommodation must be arranged via IMG. Any additional expenses including food, beverage, transfers and further accommodation will be solely at the winner’s own expense. For the avoidance of any doubt, the flights, accommodation and delegate entry ticket will be provided for one (1) individual only, regardless of whether the entry has been made on behalf of an organisation or more than one individual. Should the winner wish to invite additional persons this will be entirely at their own expense and must be approved in advance by IMG.
9. Subject to the final running order of the HSBC Golf Business Forum, the winner may at IMG’s sole discretion be granted the opportunity to present at the Forum. IMG’s decision on this shall be final.
10. No general right of association with IMG, HSBC or the HSBC Golf Business Forum is granted by virtue of making an entry or winning the award.
11. In the event of the winner not being able to accept the award, no alternative or replacement prize will be offered.
12. Entries will be judged by a panel of golf industry experts, the exact make-up of which will be determined by IMG at its sole discretion.
13. Judges will consider each entry submission based on their own discretion and relevant expertise.
14. The panel will appoint a chairperson who will clarify the judging criteria, and mediate in the event of a tie to determine a clear winner.
15. The main criteria that the competition will be judged on will address how innovative the idea is, the challenges that have had to be overcome, how the idea has been implemented to become reality, who the idea benefits and how successful they believe the idea is or will become.
16. The judging panel’s decision is final and binding; and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into relating to its decision or decision making process.
17. The panel shall be entitled (but not required) to contact entrants for clarification on any aspects of their entry.
18. The panel shall draw up a shortlist of its preferred entries, and such shortlist shall be announced on or close to Friday 14th October 2016.
19. The winning entry shall be chosen from the shortlist.
Further Terms and Conditions
20. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the judges or IMG, is perceived to have attempted to influence the judging process or any member of the panel or the IMG team shall be disqualified.
21. By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants that the entry (and its subject matter) (i) is true and accurate in all respects; (ii) is their own, original work; (iii) does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights; and (iv) that they have full authority to make the entry.
22. Entrants agree that entries shall not be considered confidential and IMG shall be entitled to publish details of all entries made, at itstheir discretion, via any media platform/channel.
23. Except as set out herein, IMG shall not acquire any ownership of the intellectual property set out in any entry.
24. Entrants should keep copies of their entry as no submissions will be returned.
25. All entrants agree that IMG may use the entrant’sir name and image to publicise the award and the HSBC Golf Business Forum.
26. IMG reserves the right to withdraw an entry from the judging process at any time if the entry is deemed inappropriate for any reason.
27. IMG reserves the right to disqualify any entrant, or subsequently withdraw any award if an entrant is found to have breached any of these terms or conditions.
28. Save in respect of personal injury, death or fraud, IMG shall have no liability whatsoever to any entrant whether in contract, tort or otherwise, in connection with their entry or any other aspect of the HSBC Golf Business Forum Award for Innovation.
29. These terms and conditions, and all aspects of the Award shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
30. If necessary IMG reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions of the competition.
31. The decision of IMG shall be final in all matters.